Quality Trenchless Pipe Lining in Paoli, PA
In the Upper Main Line area, most of the sewer lines are cast iron or terra cotta (clay) pipe. As they age they suffer from different issues which cause the same problem big problem — sewer blockages. Cast iron can rust up or thin out until it cracks. It can also build up a lot of scale inside that interferes with an efficient flow. Terra cotta or clay pipe can crack and break and often opens up at the joints allowing roots to grow into it and sometimes even pushes the pipe out of alignment. A sewer clog affects the entire household plumbing. Most of the original sewer laterals will need to be rehabbed or replaced at some point. In the past, this meant digging up the piping and removing anything that happened to be in the way, such as sidewalks, trees, and driveways. It was costly and restoration was expensive. It also took time and created a big disturbance. Thankfully those times are gone. Pipeshark specializes in trenchless technologies such as pipe lining in Paoli, PA. Now those sewer lines can usually be rehabbed or replaced with little damage to the property.
Take a look at what makes pipe lining (CIPP) among our more popular plumbing services in Paoli, PA.
What is Trenchless Pipe Lining?
Our way of conducting sewer pipe lining is a minimally invasive solution for your sewer line repair needs. We use this technology to repair and replace leaking, backed up, cracked, and damaged sewer lines. Trenchless pipe lining is really manufacturing a new pipe on site right within the old pipe. That is why its official name is Cured-In-Place Piping or CIPP. It involves inserting an epoxy-saturated tubing into the existing pipe and then inflating it until the epoxy hardens. This new epoxy pipe has the same strength characteristics as the new sewer and drain pipe. In fact, the old pipe can completely rot away as the new liner is designed to be a new stand-alone pipe.
How Does Trenchless Pipe Lining Work?
CIPP pipe lining most often targets the replacement and repair of concrete, cast iron, clay, plastic, and PVC sewer lines. It involves a few steps, which include:
- Inspection with a Sewer Camera: Our professional trenchless contractor, will use an HD CCTV camera to confirm the type and location of damage in the sewer line.
- Cleaning the Damaged Pipe: After establishing the type and extent of damage on the pipe, we will use special tools to remove debris and other blockages. We will also clean the pipe rust and other materials adhering to the walls.
- Preparation of Tube Replacement: Our plumbers will prepare a pipe tubing, typically a felt tube made of polyester, fiberglass, or similar materials.
- Epoxy Impregnation: We saturate the felt tube liner with epoxy and then run it through calibrated rollers to ensure that the final thickness will meet code requirements for strength.
- Inserting New Liner Into Damaged Pipe: With special equipment, the new liner is inserted into the old pipe while being inverted so the “wet” epoxy side is against the pipe and the “dry” side is on the inside. This allows a calibration tube to be inserted inside the liner. The calibration tube is then inflated so it pushes the new liner tight against the old pipe while it cures.
- Curing the Liner: The calibration tube is filled with water and then that water is circulated through a water heater until the water reaches the ideal epoxy curing temperature. Once the epoxy liner is “cooked” for the prescribed time, then we know that the epoxy has hardened and the calibration tube can be drained and removed. What remains is a new stand-alone, code-approved pipe built right inside the old defective sewer or drain line.
What Are the Advantages of Trenchless Pipe Lining?
Pipe lining companies, such as Pipeshark are encouraging clients to embrace the new technology because it’s faster and more affordable than the traditional sewer line rehabilitation methods. Trenchless pipe lining requires only one point of access, which means that our technicians can typically complete the repair project in one day. Besides saving time, it can also save you money that you’d have used in restoring your landscape and sidewalks.
Cast iron pipe lining is also more environmentally friendly. We don’t need big equipment leaving tracks across your landscape and we certainly won’t need to excavate long trenches or dig up any roots or remove any trees or plants. The epoxy we use is safe and is chosen not only for how strong of a pipe it makes, but also because it doesn’t have the odor, shrinkage, or health concerns that styrene has. Our goal is to give you a great safe product and leave no traces on your grounds that we were ever there.
We offer minimally invasive pipe lining in the following locations:
- Philadelphia, PA suburbs
- Bryn Mawr, PA
- West Chester, PA
- Paoli, PA
- Ardmore, PA
- Berwyn, PA
- Devon, PA
- Harrisburg, PA
- Hershey, PA
- Lancaster, PA
- Lower Merion Township, PA
- Pottstown, PA
- Reading, PA
- Villanova, PA
- Wayne, PA
Contact Us Today for Trenchless Pipe Lining
Pipeshark is the top expert for trenchless pipe lining in Paoli, PA, and the surrounding areas. We bring more than 100 years worth of experience into residential and commercial sewer and drain work. We have always been focused on the best practices of our industry. Today, that means trenchless technologies such as pipe lining. Contact us today by calling us. You may also fill out our online form to schedule your appointment for pipe lining or for any of these other services: